Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Hope My Tiger Doesn't Scare People Off!

I Hope My Tiger Doesn't Scare People Off!
Of course, no one was scared at all of the tiger on my t-shirt.  In fact, I got a lot of compliments on it!

On the way to my little lonely corner of the market, I passed by the empty spaces where my friends used to sell their wares, and not for the first time I thought of quitting myself. Perhaps not today, or this week, or even this year, but one day I might have to.

I had the same negative thoughts last week, too, and just like last week, very ironically, I had a positive (and lucrative!) market day.


First, I had a nice surprise when Sarah's parents and sister came to see me and chat with me for awhile.  Sarah's sister bought one of my canvas prints, so that was just icing on the cake!





As I predicted yesterday, my friend May came to the market today to pick up the painting of mine that she had seen on my Facebook wall.  May told me that she'd put it up with the other pieces of art she'd previously bought from me.  Smiling, May said that my art was becoming famous in the Middle East.

Cool!

Two exceptionally good market days, right in a row - it feels like someone is trying to tell me something!  Someone is trying to tell me to stop worrying and stay put at the market for as long as possible.  I'll try my best to take that advice ....   And yet, at heart I'm a pragmatist.  I need to think of a back-up plan just in case one day the market is no longer an option for me.

Hmmm ....  Can you hear the wheels turning?

No comments: