Monday, January 19, 2015

A Shortage of Canvas Boards

Did you know that there's a shortage of canvas boards in Toronto?  There is! Well, the 16x20 size anyway.  That's my favourite kind of canvas too!  However, after the salesperson explained that they were sold out in every art store all over the city I mentally shrugged and bought two 12x16 flat board canvases and one 24x30.

I put one of the smaller canvases up on my easel; I'll start work on my latest commission tomorrow.

As for the big canvas, I'm thinking of painting a picture of a dream I had years ago.  In the dream, I was mountain climbing, and Hershey and Rascal were below me hanging onto the same rope as I was.  And then, all of a sudden, I felt myself started to slip.  I began to panic, but then, above me, I heard Rob's voice saying, "Don't worry, Sweety! I'll never let you fall!"

I keep thinking about the shortage of canvas boards and imagining that a single eccentric artist has bought all of the supplies and is working on a gigantic work of art.

I wish it was me!

No comments: