Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Jumble Puzzle


When I lived with my folks, my mother and I would look for the Jumble Puzzle from within the pages of the Toronto Star and solve it in the evenings.  It is one of my fondest memories, this small ritual of ours.

Today at counselling there were many tears (as usual), but there were also feelings of sadness; guilt; love; and, anger.  At one time during the session, I was attacked by all of these emotions at once.  Many thoughts and memories bombarded my mind as well. I had to close my eyes tightly and try to concentrate on quieting my mind so that I could choose one thought and feeling in order to continue.

Like a puzzle, a mad mixture of pieces and letters, I need to figure out exactly who I am and how to proceed from here.

I am my own Jumble Puzzle.

No comments: