Friday, June 5, 2015

Happy 90th, Mom!



Happy birthday, Mom!  You would have been 90 years old today.  I played your favourite music, ate your favourite dessert, and toasted to your memory with white wine.  You loved white wine; red gave you a headache.





I thought a lot about you today, Mom, and missed you so much.  But what else is new? I always miss you every day.

This week especially I yearned to talk about being in the Riverdale Art Walk this weekend; the sudden loss of Sylvia; and, how, after 45 years, I got an email from our old neighbour Mrs Clemens -- how weird is that?!

Yes, you're gone, and yes, I miss you so much that sometimes it hurts like hell.  And yet, I know you're with me, part of me.  You're in my strength, kindness, and in my ability to laugh when things go wrong.

I love you, Mom!

No comments: